Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A Nut-Free Dip Recipe {School Lunch v.1}

Pin It
I enjoy packing school lunches for my girls every day... of course, this is mostly only enjoyable when I have planned the week's menu, which I normally do, and don't have to put much thought into lunches the morning of.  An hour spent menu-planning on the weekend is totally worth it come 6:30am on any given weekday. *wink*

Here's a peek at some lunches I've packed recently:

Today it was Sunbutter & Jelly for the little chick (bottom) and Sunbutter & Honey for my 5th Grader, both on whole wheat bread; Carrots, apples, Rold Gold Pretzles (they are nut-free), and a Cocoa Crispy Treat.  I put wax paper around the sandwiches to keep the insides from coming out and so that the bread doesn't get soggy from the fruits/veggies.

 This lunch included whole wheat waffles, that I had made over the weekend with my new waffle iron (which i love and can't figure out why it took so long for me to buy one!), Apples, Cukes, Strawberry & Kiwi mix and Sunbutter Dip (See below for recipe).

My youngest chickie goes to a nut-free school, so to make things easier, I just leave nuts out of both lunches and also don't include nuts in our breakfast so as to avoid cross-contamination.  Some students have very severe allergies and I like to do my best to avoid anything that may affect them.

Sunbutter Dip:
This can be made with peanut butter as well.  It's super delicious with graham crackers, apples, waffles, etc.

1/3 c. Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp Sunbutter (or Peanut Butter if you're not nut-free)
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate unused dip.  Enjoy!

XxOo~ Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, this chick LOVES hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...